Reaching a destination becomes easier when traveling with a map. Similarly, moving home can be easy when planning before time. Relocating to another plan can be rough, time-consuming, costly, and hard on an individual’s body. No one has time to pack their lives into cardboard boxes, only to unpack and organize them in different places. However, moving doesn’t need to be so hard. One just needs to hire professional movers Short Hills, NJ, and plan a week-wise moving checklist. Read further to uncover a week-by-week moving checklist and to-do-timeline.
Six Weeks Before
- Sort and Purge: Go through all rooms and sort items into two piles- essential and non-essential. Consider purging out non-essential items to reduce the number and weight of belongings to be moved.
- Research and Choose Movers: If a person needs assistance with removal services, he should start researching moving companies. Get price estimates in writing for at least 4-5 companies. Book reputable movers Short Hills, NJ, providing reliable services at affordable prices. In addition, confirm the moving date, costs, and other essential details with the company.
- Organize Documents: An individual should collect all his essential documents and arrange for his children’s school records to transfer to the school.
Five Weeks Before
- Get Packing Supplies and Start Packing: Visit a nearby supply store and get moving boxes, bubble wrap, tape, and other packing materials. Next, start packing mostly frequently used items. It’s recommended to leave fragile or bulky items for professional packers.
- Label Moving Boxes: Don’t forget to label each box with its content clearly and where it needs to be organized.
- Get the Address Changed: Visit the local post office and fill out a form to change address, or an individual can do the same online.
- Notify Important Parties: A person must alert important parties, including banks, the employer’s HR department, brokerage firms, utility providers, insurance, credit card, and newspaper providers, about his move.
Two Weeks Before
- Arrange for off from Work on Relocation Day: An individual must notify his employer beforehand that he needs the day off on a moving day.
- Contact the Movers: Contact the hired movers Short Hills, NJ and reconfirm the arrangements.
One Week Before
- Pack the Suitcases: It’s better to finish general packing a few days before the relocation. Now is the time to pack suitcases for all family members with clothes to wear for a few days after the move.
- Keep all Receipts: Keeping all receipts will help a person keep track of his moving expenses.
- Beat the Movers: When moving to a different city or state, leaving early to beat the moving truck is better. It will enable a person to look around a new home immediately without being stressed about unpacking.
- Clean and Seal: Individuals should pre-clean the kitchen and bathroom and seal doorways and windows with weatherstripping.
By following this professionally recommended moving checklist, a person can turn a stressful moving experience into a hassle-free process. Hiring reliable and trained movers and packers is among the most crucial factors in a well-planned and smooth move. With these professionals on board, individuals can spare time to do other important tasks.
- Ducted Heating in Melbourne: Experience Year-Round Comfort September 1, 2023
- Designing Your Dream She Shed August 23, 2023
- Emerging Trends in Custom Home Building August 21, 2023
- Tips To Help You Shop For Antique Rugs! August 10, 2023
- Water Damage Restoration: What To Expect June 2, 2023
- The Essential Moving Checklist And To-Do Timeline June 2, 2023
- Skirting Boards- Best Option To Offer House An Aesthetic Look May 20, 2023
- Get Ready for the Hot Weather with These 5 Easy Air Conditioning Maintenance Tips May 10, 2023
- Shocking Your Pool: Keep Your Pool Sparkling Clean: The Art of Shocking Your Pool April 20, 2023