Buying a house is an exciting time. You are taking on responsibility and investing in your future. Selling a house can be just as exciting- if you do it right!
There are many factors to consider when selling your home, but this blog post will go over the basics of what you need to know before getting started. Don’t forget to check this amazing site called We Buy Houses!
Number #1: The first one I would like to discuss is pricing. When you first list your home, it’s not uncommon for some people to think that setting the price low will give them a better chance at selling quickly. However, this is often untrue! If you set the price too low on purpose, potential buyers may assume there are issues with the house, or they won’t believe you want what you’re asking (or more) for it- even if all of those things are true!
I know how frustrating it can be when houses in your area sell below listing price- but don’t let yourself fall into that trap. The best way to decide on an appropriate sale price? Get help from someone who knows what they’re doing and understands how real estate works outside of your neighbourhood.
This is something that a good real estate agent will be able to do for you and help ensure that you don’t overprice or underprice the home!
Number #2: The second thing I would like to talk about is knowing your market. You may think that the property you are selling is worth more than it is, which can be a huge issue if you’re not prepared for it! If someone offers less than what you’re asking- let them walk away. This isn’t an ego game or anything like that; this is just common sense business practice and smart marketing.
The best way to figure out how much your home should sell for? Compare recent sales in the area with yours (both sold & listed), look at homes currently on the market, etc. There are many ways of doing this, so don’t feel overwhelmed by all of these options!
Number #3: Another important aspect when selling a house includes keeping up with house repairs and improvements while you’re still living there. Some agents recommend making updates before the home is listed, while others say it’s better to wait until after a contract has been signed so that buyers can weigh in on what they like and do not like about the home.
Of course, this depends if your agent thinks this will be beneficial for both parties involved (you & the buyer) but either way- make sure you get all of these things done BEFORE listing!
Number #4: In addition, you must have the home professionally cleaned before putting it on the market. This should include a deep cleaning of all carpets and hardwood floors- inside & out! If you’re unsure how to clean your specific flooring types or prefer someone else to do this for you- I can help with that too! Most agents will recommend cleaners they’ve worked with in the past who provide top-notch service at a great price point.
Number #5: Lastly, ensure there are no unpleasant surprises when showings begin, so buyers get a true sense of what living in your house is like (and don’t see any damage). An easy way to avoid this? Accompany each showing if possible; take along a list of any questions they may have, and make sure you are both on the same page about what to do with pets or children who are home alone during the showing.
This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means; however, I hope that at least some of this information was helpful or interesting to read about. When selling a house, timing is everything- especially when it comes down to marketing strategies and pricing properly. Good luck with your sale!!
- Concrete or Stone Paving Slabs: Which Is the Best? October 18, 2021
- How Do Replacement Coils Function? October 13, 2021
- Becoming A Professional Painter And Decorator October 7, 2021
- Termite Control: How to Tackle the Pest in Chesapeake, VA October 7, 2021
- Benefits of Hiring Maid Cleaning Services October 2, 2021
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Coworking Space October 1, 2021
- Want to Sell Your House? Here’s What You Need To Know October 1, 2021
- Different Ways To Enhance Safety in a Commercial Kitchen August 17, 2021
- What Everyone Must Know About Guides4homeowners? August 6, 2021
- Concrete or Stone Paving Slabs: Which Is the Best?
- How Do Replacement Coils Function?
- Becoming A Professional Painter And Decorator
- Termite Control: How to Tackle the Pest in Chesapeake, VA
- Benefits of Hiring Maid Cleaning Services
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Coworking Space
- Want to Sell Your House? Here’s What You Need To Know
- + August (2)
- + July (8)
- + June (4)
- + May (1)
- + April (6)
- + February (1)
- + January (4)