What about the Log Homes? An interesting choice of home building material, log homes, also known as log cabins are the result of combining the popularity of buildings like cottages and log huts with the ecological advantages of timber burning. A log cabin is basically a rustic structure built using rectangular logs of logs interlocked in the corners by means of notching. Many times these cabins will have a raised ceiling and have exposed beams. They are made from timber and have thatched roofs and walls.
There are many uses of Colorado Log Homes from holiday cottages to full-time dwellings. Some homeowners use these homes as summerhouses or as a place to get away from it all, some use them as an extra room to sleep in during the colder months. Log homes can be used for any of these reasons but one of the most common uses is being a year round residence. From coast to coast, from big cities to tiny villages and rural areas, people use log homes year round for their main home and for guest houses and even as cabins in the woods.
Important things to know about log homes
- One of the most important things to know about log homes is that you must use quality timber or it will rot and decay, and you cannot use nails or screws to secure it because they would rot also.
- You must use an axe, saw and chisels for this job, as well as the right kind of nails. In the USA it is not uncommon to find log cabins built of mixed timber and using nails and screws.
- Another important thing to know about log homes is that you cannot use your own nails or screws to construct a log cabin. Nails and screws can easily damage the wood.
- So you must buy your logs from a reputable supplier and make sure you buy from a high quality timber. This means that the cost of your log home will be considerably more than if you use other types of timber for your log cabin. However, it will be worth the extra money as it will last for many years to come and provide you with years of use and enjoyment.
Many people are very surprised to learn that many people use log homes for year-round living in North America. This is because the climate of the north American continent lends itself very well to the use of timber as a building material. Rain and snow do not affect log homes, and the temperature is neither too hot nor too cold. This makes it easy to build a log home anywhere in the north, from the cold wastes of the tundra to the warmest parts of the biggest cities.
- Different Ways To Enhance Safety in a Commercial Kitchen August 17, 2021
- What Everyone Must Know About Guides4homeowners? August 6, 2021
- Do You Want to Decide Between Hardwood and Laminate Wood Flooring? July 31, 2021
- 4 Easy Ways To Organize Your Kitchen July 24, 2021
- Choosing The Best Artificial Christmas Tree July 23, 2021
- 5 Benefits of Using a Rental Property Management Company! July 15, 2021
- 12 Home Redecorating Tips for Beginners July 13, 2021
- What About the Log Homes? July 10, 2021
- Plant Propagation: How to Grow a New Plant from an Old One? July 2, 2021